- Community Events For more than 24 years Pack 69 has participated in community events and supported our community through various work projects. The picture here is of our pack saluting during the last Veterans' day program.
- Work Projects Pack 69 built four sets of benches encircling trees at the Island Park. (photo attached)
- Food Drives: Pack 69 participates in "Scouting for Food" every November. This is a national food drive sponsored by Boy Scouts of America, where all the food collected from each community is donated right back into that community. We support the Matthew 25 Food Pantry through the United Methodist Church in Blossburg. In addition Pack 69 holds a second food drive in March to support the food pantry. The picture here is at the food drive in 2010.
- Kids Helping Kids: Pack 69 makes an Annual Donation to a local charity that supports the youth in our community. Past donations have been made to: Arnot Ogden NICU, Northern Tier Children's Home, and BEST. We have also donated $250 from our fundraisers to the Ronald McDonald House in Danville. We also collected toys for the children receiving treatment for cancer who stay there.
- River Clean-up: Pack 69 participates in the annual River Clean-up sponsored by the Hillside Rod and Gun Club.
- Homecoming Parade: For more than 10 years Pack 69 has supported the North Penn Panthers by carrying our American Flag and leading the homecoming parade. We also proudly march our American Flag onto the football field during the National Anthem at the start of the homecoming game.
- Scout Pack 69 offers their services to help the Kiwanis Club of Blossburg during their annual Kiwanis Auction and other events they hold.
- Caroling at Riverside: Each year the Cub Scouts make gifts and deliver them to the residents of Riverside Apartments in Blossburg while caroling for them and spreading a little holiday joy.
We are always looking for new ways to support our community. If you have a group that could benefit from a service that the Cub Scouts could provide please let us know.
An investment in your community is an investment in all of us!
contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 570-638-2242 Richard King